When it comes to addressing your tooth loss and deciding that you are most interested in choosing dental implants to help you reach your goals, you are going to find that there are multiple steps. With that said, it’s best to take the entire experience step by step, in part because you have to, and in part because if you don’t, you may feel a bit overwhelmed. Discover more about what our Livonia, MI team means about these steps, what you can look forward to, and how to reach that finish line!
The Actual Steps
Generally speaking, if you look at what it takes to receive dental implants and restorations, from start to finish, there are some major steps to consider. You’ll have to go through each one to complete your journey, which is most certainly worth your effort! Keep the following in mind:
- First, you’ll need to learn about dental implants and restorations to figure out whether you’re currently a candidate, whether you need treatment to become one, and which treatment best suits your needs, wants, etc.
- Next, if you need any type of preparatory care, such as bone grafting, you’ll need to take care of these details.
- When you qualify, it will be time for the surgical placement of your implants.
- Next, you’ll heal and then will need about six months or so for your implants and jawbone to bond (it’s called osseointegration).
- When your smile is ready, we will place your permanent restorations, so you’ll be done!
Your Personal Steps
Of course, it’s important to remember that there are some steps you’ll need to take on your own to prepare and enjoy your dental implant journey. First, we encourage you to think about what you want for your smile, what your budget looks like, and your availability! It’s that simple.
The Step-By-Step Of It All
There’s considering your personal goals, getting started by learning more, setting up placement, and the list goes on, as you well know. We encourage you to remember to simply take it all one step at a time. Don’t mentally jump ahead to the end or you may become overwhelmed or even frustrated. Simply focus on each task, one by one, such as looking at your finances, then coming in for a consultation, and so on. It will make for an enjoyable time.
Take Dental Implants One Step At A Time
Set up your initial consultation with us to learn about dental implants and then follow through with care, one step at a time, until you arrive at the goal of a complete, stable, healthy smile that you love! James Stewart, DDS, and our team serve patients from Livonia, MI and the surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (734) 425-4400.